Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Episode 2

Nuts, Bolts, and Dice

First I asked the players if they had any "nuts and bolts" questions that we need to discuss about the system.
I asked each and every player to give their recap of what occurred last session. This gives me a chance to take notes about what each player finds important in the story. It helps me find important NPCs and situations that they enjoyed or thought were fun. I then plan to bring those types of situations or those NPCs back at some time.

I find myself creating less typed out gameplay as sessions progress. I tend to concentrate on settings, NPC ideas, and what motivates the society and each NPC.

gameplay
we rolled dice!
All of the NPCs had some pretty high stats, but were not threatening. They were roughly described in my notes so that they would come out naturally and not feel like they were being read from a book.
I find that using voices as much as possible is something this group enjoys


final thoughts
let the players guide the interest of the game
let them recap the game and listen to establish what they find interesting
BE PREPARED !!! -but not too prepared / don't let your agenda get in the way of them enjoying the moments


-Scooter
@discopreacha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Episode 14

Metagaming and Martyrs I tend to sway on the side of letting a player try anything. The only bound I put is to do your best to keep from m...