Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Episode 7

Magical Items?

The game hasn't really been starting for about an hour in to the broadcast.
We got in to chatting about ourselves, some of the rules, and I brought up again how I need to do more blogging.

I reiterated the Legend Points and the Bolster Points that we established during our previous sessions.
Then we gave them out to the voted on players.

We also discussed again how we would be gaining XP and leveling up. We came to a conclusion that we would be gaining one XP point per 4 sessions and if we finish a crucial arc in the storyline we would also gain an XP. This allowed the players and the GM to decide the way we level up.

As the players find different things to entice them into the game, I wanted to give them more of a unified set of "magical items". Yes I put it in quotes since it was organic to make the items to be Hubba Bubba gum. This was not intentional. It just came out during our 6th session. I made them a little silly, yet quite powerful. This means they get a confidence boost when faced with adversity in the future.

***In this campaign they are to be heroes ... give them hero type goodies***

I based the powers the gum off of different banes and boons established in the Open Legend RPG rules. I used Seeing, Flight, Precognition, Light, Deafened, and Charmed. All can be found at http://www.openlegendrpg.com.

During the break we discussed the length of our intro and if the group wanted to get in to the game quicker. The expression was that discussing ourselves and how life is going during the first hour feels good to the group. Including myself.

We find ourselves hanging out and chatting about what we did in our personal lives during the week more and more. It's becoming a place to hang out, have fun, and be with friends. Isn't that what playing games is all about?!

-Scooter
@discopreacha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Episode 14

Metagaming and Martyrs I tend to sway on the side of letting a player try anything. The only bound I put is to do your best to keep from m...