Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Episode 5

"Enemies?" and The Jet Ski

A player returned after missing a session. I try and make it cool, maybe funny, have it make sense, and ultimately I don't focus on it too much. That way they feel like they have been there this whole time.

I like to allow my players to find out who the real enemy is. This episode lets them converse with the "bad guys". Making the enemy more than just something to fight can allow the players to talk to one another and reveal what each character's motivation is to the group. Some may want to interrogate, others want to incapacitate, then there is the one who wants to obliterate. Some may not even care.

I introduced a depth of character that I was not ready for. I say keep it as logical as possible, but also make it enjoyable. Two players may team up while leaving some of the others in the group not doing much. No worries. Give them there moment and let them intimidate, threaten, or even accommodate a captured "enemy". Once the moment has come to a conclusion, move to the others. They have been working on something while not fully engaged in the moment. The next scene took over an hour playing on a modified military grade hovercraft or what they envisioned it as, a jet ski! Yes I cannot reiterate enough, just go with it and you will enjoy the game not knowing what's next.

With and enemy in their hands I got to know what the characters motivations in conflict are. This assists me for the future episodes.


-Scooter
@discopreacha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Episode 14

Metagaming and Martyrs I tend to sway on the side of letting a player try anything. The only bound I put is to do your best to keep from m...